Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Vintage Baltimore


When I found this 1877 Atlas of Baltimore County, it was buried under a pile of newspapers in a box lot.
The cover looked disappointing, but then I opened the pages to find all of the interior was beautifully preserved.
There are over 80 pages of maps, etchings, and data sheets on the County.
The maps include:
City of Baltimore
13, two page maps of the Districts
County of Baltimore two page map
State of Maryland
Eastern & Western Hemisphere Maps
United States & Territories Map (2 pages)
Plus 3 “Views” pages with drawings of:
T Flory & Cost Carriage Manufactory
Goshen Property of Benjamin I. Gardensville
German Lutheran Church of Gardensville
The data sheets (on the District pages) are great for those interested in genealogy as they have lists which include the names and occupations of prominent business owners in the area at the time of printing.
As opening fodder for the blog I am going to re-post a few of my favorites from my previous website.
The Atlas is available for sale as a whole or you may purchase individual, prints on high quality, acid free paper or canvas. Please contact me for more info on ordering or visit here to see the full atlas.





http://9milesofephemeraantiques.com/?p=25

No comments:

Post a Comment